Company Name: The Brooklyn Hospital Center
Apply, share and build your impeccable business leadership skills.
The Brooklyn Hospital Center has been a leader in the provision of complete, efficient, and community-responsive care since 1839, and is a Top Performer for Key Quality today. Beyond its Brooklyn focus and expanding services, the hospital is recognized for its restless drive for excellence. Here’s a chance to impact that-and steer the plans, programs and systems that ensure effective controls and thorough compliance.
This executive will bring passion, clarity, direction and expertise to the management of audit and compliance functions and serve as the Compliance Officer. He/she will direct and redirect projects to ensure the reliability of and integrity of information and the appropriate use of resources. Will navigate change and obstacles, develop and manage policies, provide support to external auditors, ensure the timely completion of reviews, and oversee the hospital’s compliance program. Wil balance applicable laws with audit plans and internal controls, coordinate internal/external regulatory reporting, and audit departments for compliance with PHI, HIPPA and other compliance matters. Moreover will provide the astute coaching and leadership that engage cooperation, establish potential improvements and ensure results are achieved.
The ideal candidate needs:
• Bachelor’s degree essential; advanced degree preferred
• At least ten years of cumulative experience in auditing within the healthcare industry
• Three to five years of experience in a Corporate Compliance Officer/Privacy Officer capacity
• Certification in Compliance highly desired
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and influence stakeholders
• Comprehensive systems knowledge, particularly when it comes to EMR,practice management and controls
• Advanced analytical, leadership, critical thinking, prioritizing, delegating, and business theory skills
• Keen understanding of financial/operational compliance, audit standards, integrated business organizations and state/federal/local regulatory policies.
Team members here enjoy a stimulating work setting, a location in the heart of vibrant and historic downtown Brooklyn, and a complete salary/benefits package. There are also outstanding resources for learning and development. To be considered, please visit the website then click About Us and Careers. Candidates can also click "Apply Now" to submit resume and cover letter.