A&K Diesel Repair Ltd.
V3S 1Z3 Canada
Job Description: A & K Diesel Repair Ltd. located at 17841 64th Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3S 1Z5 is looking to hire 2 permanent full-time Diesel engine mechanics, 40 hours per week. Interested applicants please email resume at: akdieselrepairltd[at]gmail.com
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, lathes, welding equipment and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws and reassemble equipment.
- Raise trucks and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Test drive trucks to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Inspect, test and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Specialize in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems.
- Attach test instruments to equipment, and read dials nad gauges in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Rewire ignition systems, lights, and instrument panels.
- Recondition and replace parts, pistons, bearings, gears and valves.
- Repair and adjust seats, doors, windows and install and repair accessories.
- Inspect, repair and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
- Disassemble and overhaul internal combustion engines, pumps, generators, transmissions, clutches and differential units.
- Rebuild gas and /or diesel engines.
- Align front ends and suspension systems.
Job Requirements: 3-5 years of experience
Minimum Education: High School
fax number: 604-574-4258