A Site Supervisor completes construction projects by planning, organizing, and controlling projects; completing quality inspections; supervising sub-contractors and staff.
Construction projects require coordination between many different contributors. Laborers, managers, supervisors, clients and other stakeholders work together to ensure that the projects proceed as planned. Construction Site Supervisors are vital to the process, using their experience to guide different types of workers to successful completion of a project.
Site Supervisor Job Duties:
• Accomplishes construction human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
• Manages sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance.
• Meets operational standards by contributing construction information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying construction management system improvements.
• Meets construction budget by monitoring project expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions; providing non-project annual operating and capital budget information.
• Accomplishes construction project results by defining project purpose and scope; calculating resources required; establishing standards and protocols; allocating resources; scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors; evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions; resolving design problems; evaluating and implementing change orders.
• Approves construction projects by conducting inspections at critical phases; obtaining approvals from buyers.
• Prevents fines and interruptions by complying with, and enforcing, codes.
• Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
• Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• coordination and supervision of workers.
• provide schedules for workers
• assign tasks to construction laborers
• liaise with contractors, managers and other stakeholders, ensuring that all parties remain coordinated.
• translate blueprints into plans
• organizing the equipment and manpower necessary to complete the project.
• responsible for maintaining safety and quality standards
• keeping detailed records of construction site activities.
Site Supervisor Skills and Qualifications:
Project Management, Quality Management, Supervision, Managing Profitability, Delegation, Supply Management, ADA Requirements, Civil Project Management, Estimating, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to vacancy.acelnig [at]gmail.com
NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WOULD BE CONTACTED