The staff assigned in the unit must possess the character and the values of a professional nurse with culture and philosophy of a true christian family member of St. John the Baptist Medical Center. Specifically, he/she will take the following responsibility;
1. Report to the assigned area before duty hour to facilitate accurate and complete bedside endorsement will be accomplished
2. Conducts regular rounds to assigned patients with emphasis on assessment of patient condition, physical environment, IV site and fluid content as well as O2 level.
3. Assist in patient education and rehabilitation including promotion of physical and mental health
4. Double check carried out orders and follow up results to other departments
5. Coordinate with other department requests ordered by the attending physician such as laboratory tests, xray/ct scan procedures, special diet, medicines etc.
6. Establish rapport with patient and relatives and solicit their opinions regarding services rendered for the improvement of the hospital
7. Assist the AP in conducting rounds to patients as well as in performing procedures
8. Monitor and record patient receipt of meals, medicines and IV ordered.
9. Monitor patient vital signs as ordered and record accurately in patient chart
10. Coordinate with the dietary department changes in the diet ordered by the AP immediately upon acknowledgment of order
11. Render supplies, medicines and other requests and charges of patient to Bizbox
12. Checks chart for new orders and keep standing order sheet and kardex updated
13. Coordinate with other departments preparation for patient discharge
14. Prepare patient for discharge
15. Provide health and discharge teaching to patient and/or relative
16. Performs other related tasks that may be assigned from time to time