We are looking for the best Assistant Editor to assist our Content Manager in creating fresh new articles for all our sites. If you are confident and you have strong skills in writing then you are perfect for our team! Join our awesome and vibrant team and start your journey of success! We have been in the business for more than 5 years and we are expanding our team of writers who can strengthen the marketing strategies of our company through powerful and trending contents.
- Proven work experience as an assistant editor
- Strong writing and proofreading skills
- Experience with Google Docs, MS Word, or other publishing tools
- Superior Wordpress skills (must need to know how to upload plugins, themes, and content)
- Online research skills
- Major in Journalism/ Mass communication is preferred
- Experience working for a US-based online news publication
- Experience with SEO and AP style
- Actively cooperate with the content manager in creating powerful and trending web contents
- Research, write and edit web and intranet content from scratch
- Write web content based on material supplied by client or employer
- Edit print documents for publication online
- Edit web pages for on-screen readability
- Proofread final draft of web pages
- Create interesting and appealing titles and articles about social media marketing and create strong content for meta keyword and description tag
TO APPLY, KINDLY FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:
1. In not less than 20 sentences, please provide an answer to the question “Why is it important to listen?”
2. Send your reply to ****@bytion.co (it is NOT .com) with the title "Assistant Editor for a Social Media Marketing Company"
We will schedule you for an initial Skype interview if you will pass our initial assessment.
1. How many hours per week is required?
Answer: 40 hours per week; that is 8 hours per day in 5 days so there are 2 days off in a week; Note: 1-hour break is not paid and it is set up as 15-30-15 or 30-30
2. What is the work schedule?
Answer: The regular schedule starts at 9 a.m. and ends at 6 p.m. (The US and Canada Eastern Time) from Monday to Friday
3. How are we going to be paid?
Answer: We pay our independent contractors (outside of US) through PayPal ONLY so it is important that you have a PayPal account; salary is released every Monday (The US and Canada Eastern Time); yes, you will be paid WEEKLY
4. How are salaries computed?
Answer: Monthly X 12 Months = Yearly Salary; Yearly Salary / 52 Weeks = Weekly Salary
5. Will there be deductions from the company like taxes?
Answer: None from the company but PayPal and your bank may charge you for using their services
6. Will the company provide the devices like laptop/desktop and or pay for the internet connection, electricity, and the like for this job?
Answer: No; Everything will be shouldered by the independent contractor
VERY IMPORTANT REMINDERS:
- DSL connection is required
- Desktop or laptop is required during the interviews and during work should you be hired
- Smartphones and tablets are never allowed
- Initial interviews are done mostly through a Skype text chat; video call is during the final interview
- Please RESEARCH first about our company, Bytion, and get as many information as you can before deciding to apply; this will both help us save time
The Bytion Team