DeMille's Farm Market is a third generation family farm. With roots in California farming (both vegetable and dairy) the family moved to the Salmon Arm valley in 1970.
We are looking for a highly skilled individual for the position of Quality Control Technician (NOC 2211). This individual will be responsible for performing all analysis related to maintaining a high standard of food quality and safety for the company.
• Perform all physical, chemical and microbiological analysis required of the product from receiving through to packaging.
• Monitor and implement food safety and good practices in the operation.
• Calibrate and maintain laboratory instruments based on required frequency.
• Help diagnose problems throughout the production process
• Maintain production records and documentation.
ATTRIBUTES FOR THE ROLE
• A college degree in a scientific discipline or equivalent experience in lieu of education is required.
• At least one year experience in the food and beverage industry in a laboratory setting is preferable.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, focused on the ability to plan, prioritize and execute.
• Proficient in Windows, Excel and Word.
This is a full-time permanent position. Start day: as soon as possible.
Salary is $27 per hour.
TO APPLY: Please apply in confidence to demilles[at]shaw.ca
DeMille's Farm Market is an equal opportunity employer. Thank you for your interest in our company.