The Avionics Systems Engineer duties are defined but not limited to system integration and installation design for complex avionics, electronics and electrical systems on helicopters and fixed wing airplanes including air transport.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Define systems integration and interface with existing onboard avionics, electronics and electrical systems and generate systems wiring diagrams for the defined systems integration and interface
• Create electrical fabrication drawings (wire harness, coax cable, electrical/electronic assembly) for the defined systems integration and interface
• Create on aircraft installation drawings for the defined systems integration and interface
• Create detailed wire routing and clamping drawings for the defined systems integration and interface
• Generate parts list in Microsoft Excel and import into AutoCAD drawing for the installation and fabrication drawing
• Convert design data to Portable Document Format (PDF) files
• Create aircraft modification instructions (Engineering Order) with weight and balance and electrical load changes
• Create instructions for continued airworthiness and Technical publication such as AMM, IPC, FCOM, AWD, etc.
• Calculate modification or complete electrical load and generate the electrical load report for all flight phases as required
• Create detailed systems functional test instructions for the newly installed equipment/systems
• Provide guidance to the draftsperson and designer, and review completed drawings
• Estimate tasks schedule, prioritize tasks with little or no supervision and complete tasks within estimated schedule.
• Perform research and on aircraft survey as required for the assigned project
• Perform project engineer function assigned by the supervisor as needed
• Communicate with Supervisor, and other company employees concerning duties performed and results obtained.
Adhere to all Southeast Aerospace company policies, safety guidelines, and code of ethical conduct
• Other tasks as assigned by supervision and company management.
• Understand written and/or verbal instructions to successfully perform tasks,
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment as part of a team.
• Use time efficiently
• Work in a fast paced environment
• React well under pressure.
• Use computer based programs to clock in/out and perform other self-serve duties.
• Be able to work efficiently with other employees as part of a team or individually.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
• BSEE or BS Avionics Engineering
• Thirty-six months direct systems integration design experience
• Proficiency in Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2014 required
• Computer skills using Windows 7 and Microsoft Office
• Ability to work in a highly technical fast paced environment
• Ability to adapt to new software application and function with minimal training or by self-training
• Knowledge of Military Standards and Specifications, and SAE Standards and Recommended Practices
• Professional presentation interpersonal skills over the telephone, via email and in person
• Read, write and communicate using English language and proper grammar sufficient to perform the job functions (due to the nature of the job, will be communicating in English)
• Professional office environment experience which required interaction with internal and external customers
• Work as a contributing member of a team
• Work within company published policies
• Knowledge of 14 CFR Parts 23, 25, 27 and 29 preferred
• Knowledge and experience in Adobe Acrobat X Professional preferred
• Knowledge and experience in Adobe Illustrator Creative Suite 6 preferred
• Experience with Airbus ESPM and Boeing SWPM a plus
• FAA systems certification experience a plus
• Acceptable background check
• US Persons as defined in 22CFR 120.15
• In adhering to company polices, all employees are subject to pre-hire, random, and for cause drug and alcohol tests
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
• The Avionics Systems Engineer must be able to crawl in the aircraft and take photos on some specific area for design purpose. Most often, the working conditions for the Avionics Engineer is an office-type environment
• This position requires sitting for long periods of time.
• The employee must rarely lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to move quickly between work locations.
• Vision abilities required by this job include ability to read printed and computer displayed material
Health, Dental, 401K-Profit Sharing, Vacation.
Benefits available for the employee and dependents, 401(k) and profit sharing at eligibility.
Health and Dental premiums fully paid by Southeast Aerospace for employee and legal dependents.
Resumes will be considered only via:
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. Request a reasonable accommodation by:
(1) Sending an e-mail to MARK.BRADDOCK[at]SEAEROSPACE.COM or calling Mark Braddock: 321-255-9877. Telephone calls and emails for accommodation requests only.
(2) Informing us regarding the nature of your request.
(3) Providing your contact information.
Southeast Aerospace, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of Southeast Aerospace, Inc. not to discriminate against qualified individuals because of their physical or mental disabilities or veteran status and to provide equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for qualified individuals with disabilities and qualified covered veterans.
EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/individuals with Disabilities.