Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Telecommunications Installation and Repair Workers (7246)
NOC Job Title: Cellular Telephone Technician
Nanaimo, British Columbia
V9T 4T7 Canada
180 Central Road
Duncan, British Columbia
V9L 4X3 Canada
• Examine cell phone unit and observe operation until an initial suspicion is developed to open up the unit and perform further checks using electronic hand tools and prescribed testers.
• Ensure that all pertinent repair and testing tools and appliances are in proper working condition.
• Determine parts to be replaced and provide cost estimates to the client prior to starting any work.
• Update client on the progress of troubleshooting and append initial cost estimates when necessary.
• Observe regular work schedules to achieve optimum work productivity.
• Attend training courses on new developments in cellular telephony and technologies.
• Perform functional test to triage damaged devices and diagnose failures.
• Disassemble, test and replace defective components.
• Test and reclaim individual components and external housings.
• Reassemble complete devices, following predetermined work instructions.
• Perform full functional testing.
• Label, box and kit finished goods as required.
Secondary education is required
2-3 years relevant experience is required
How to Apply