Company Name: Aegon Asset Management
Position Overview: Performs tax credit investment legal work. An attorney holding the position of Counsel has experience as a practicing attorney and is able to demonstrate a competence in applying legal skills consistent with departmental practices in housing tax credits and syndication of tax credits. The position works with some supervision.
• Possesses low-income housing tax credit (and other tax credit) subject matter expertise with some knowledge of corporate law, tax law, and commercial real estate transactions.
• Reviews due diligence and facilitates closings of equity investments.
• Drafts and/or reviews contracts and legal documents such as: partnership agreements, leases, purchase agreements, real estate documents, litigation related documents, loan documents.
• Manages and directs outside counsel in transactional and litigation matters.
• Studies proposed and existing legislation affecting the Company and advises departments concerned.
• Prepares corporate resolutions and forms.
• Guards against legal risks involving the company.
• Work may be reviewed.
JD degree required. State bar admission. 0-6 years of experience.
* 2-3 years of experience in tax credits preferred.
* Ability to provide quality legal services, based on experience, while working in a fast paced environment with little oversight.
*Ability to handle heavy workload in efficient manner. Demonstrate project tracking and prioritization to manage multiple projects with shifting priorities, including status reporting and appropriate follow up.
*Demonstrate sound business judgment in combination with legal analysis.
*Ability to work successfully in a team environment. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and adapt to varying customer needs; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust.
*Travel occasionally required.
*Strong written and oral communication skills.
*Good PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word.