Company Name: Apple, Inc.
Apple is looking for a Patent Attorney Operations & Analytics Manager who will be responsible for global patent operations, analytics, and strategic initiatives
• Prefer 5-7+ years experience of patent prosecution or patent litigation experience, in a law firm and/or in-house.
• Possess strong leadership skills and knowledge in US and global patent practices (rules, regulations, and procedures).
• Experience with use and development of company-wide patent tools, including patent database systems, workflow automation, docketing, data validation, accuracy, analytics, etc.
• Management and supervisory experience is a plus.
• Exercise independence and good judgement, with comfort in taking calculated risks.
• Exceptional attention to detail, priorities, and deadlines.
• Strong problem solving, aptitude and resourcefulness.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent collaboration, presentation, and written/oral communication skills.
Lead and manage a small team of agents, paralegals, and specialists. Daily interactions with business and legal executives, business and engineering managers, inventors, and internal and external attorneys. Operationally lead, enhance, and oversee all aspects of patent operations from invention intake to patent expiration, including management of external law firms, patent committees, patent tools, inventor recognition, annuities, acquisitions, patent training, and financial oversight. Engage in strategic prosecution activities, including the creation, monitoring, and evaluation of portfolio analytics, including implementation of initiatives to confirm and/or enhance patent development strategies. Other examples of strategic initiatives and projects can be discussed in person.
JD and USPTO Registration required.