Company Name: Hilliard & Shadowen LLP.
Hilliard Shadowen LLP has an immediate opening for an experienced commercial litigation paralegal in the firm’s Austin office.
We are a small, elite plaintiff’s commercial-litigation and civil-rights firm looking for ambitious, dynamic, driven, and passionate professionals to join our growing team.
• Paralegal certification preferred
• Experience working in commercial litigation practice is preferred
• Ability to work proficiently and independently in legal research, drafting, evaluating, revising or developing legal documents, notices and forms
• Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively with multiple projects and deadlines and with minimal supervision
• Display superior attention to detail, problem solving, strong organizational skills, and multi-tasking skills.
• Outstanding case/project management and organizational skills are required.
• Successful candidates will be highly organized, able to prioritize many projects, and be able to systematically stay on top of all litigation matters' status, deadlines, and requirements.
• Responsibilities include: managing attorney caseloads, including scheduling and case management; participating in coordinating discovery, including drafting, responding to, and calendaring of discovery documents; calendaring deadlines and important dates; E-Filing; drafting correspondence; organizing and maintaining legal files; and assisting with office administration.
• Bilingual is a plus but not required
• Candidate must be able to work independently on pleadings, E-discovery, document review, case management, file organization, investigations, research and trial support.
Compensation & Benefits
• Pay will be commensurate with experience.
• Benefits include health insurance, access to 401K plan, and paid vacation.
Qualified candidates for this full time position should forward a cover letter, resume, references and salary requirements by email to Nicholas Shadowen