Company Name: Grant, Herrmann, Schwartz & Klinger LLP
The focus of this role will be to work directly with high net worth foreign and domestic individuals and their advisors on all aspects of international and domestic estate and trust planning.
• Strong academic credentials (JD required; LLM is a plus);
• Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in trust and estate planning;
• Ability to multitask in a high-paced environment;
• Strong drafting, writing, and communication skills;
• Experience drafting domestic and international trust documentation;
• Experience in probate proceedings, drafting of domestic trusts, drafting complex wills and gift planning documentation, and all aspects of domestic planning;
• Ability to lead a project from start to finish, including maintaining constant communication with clients, advisors, and senior attorneys on a matter;
• Desire to learn about overall firm practice and governance, including other departments such as corporate, tax, and real estate; and
• Experience with Excel.
The following experience is preferred but not required
• Knowledge and experience in the preparation of foreign grantor trusts, buy-sell agreements, family limited partnerships, irrevocable trust instruments, grantor retained annuity trusts, qualified personal residence trusts, dynasty trusts, directed trusts, sales to defective grantor trusts, and decanting.
• General knowledge of income taxation of trusts and estates as well as gift tax concerns associated with trust and estates;
• General knowledge of corporate structuring, particularly use of offshore corporations for acquisitions of US assets.
• International experience is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time