United States Steel is looking for a Shift Manager – Maintenance that will be responsible for applying engineering principles, troubleshooting and problem-solving techniques to evaluate and make decisions that resolve operational conditions and improve reliability. In addition, this role will supervise, direct, and coordinate efforts of experienced technicians, craftsmen, and project planners to repair and maintain mechanical and/or electrical equipment to maximize operating efficiencies and improve reliability. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively engage teams and promote an environment of respect, communication, and collaboration through two-way communication and encouraging new ideas and different perspectives that drive individual, team, and company success.
• Administer the U. S. Steel safety program to ensure a safe work environment, including proper housekeeping.
• Directly supervise union employees and work closely with vendors and contactors.
• Interpret specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assign duties accordingly.
• Coordinate, organize, and direct activities of maintenance crews.
• Assists workers in diagnosing malfunction in machinery and equipment.
• Maintain proper inventories of required spares in order to provide efficient operations.
• Coordinate repairs and preventative maintenance with a team of mechanical/electrical maintenance staff.
• Use technical knowledge, equipment documentation, safety procedures, and maintenance schedules to follow, improve, and develop preventative and routine maintenance programs.
• Devise and implement cost saving strategies.
• Develop and implement methods and procedures designed to eliminate maintenance problems and improve product quality.
• Perform administrative activities such as scheduling crews, completing reports, conducting safety conversations, and complying other reporting as necessary.
• Associate Degree in any of the following disciplines - Mechanical Engineering, Mech Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Eng. Technology or Chemical Engineering or 3-5 years Water Treatment experience.
• Ability to work rotating shifts which will include extended workdays, weekends, and holidays.
U. S. Steel is a principled company committed to its core values of safety, diversity & inclusion, environmental stewardship, results focus & accountability. We focus on our customers, driving quality and ensuring cost effectiveness. We promote an environment of respect, transparency and collaboration – encouraging new ideas that drive innovation and our collective success. U. S. Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) according to job qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, genetics, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, disability status or status as a protected Veteran or any other legally protected group status.
(California residents may visit ussteel.com/CANotice for information regarding collection of personal information and U. S. Steel's privacy practices.)