The purchasing officer shall be the head, and have the general supervision of all purchasing functions of the site. The duties of the purchasing officer maybe combined with those of any other office or position. Subject to supervision of the site manager, the purchasing officer shall have the authority to purchase or contract for supplies, services and equipment required by any using agency, within the limits of the current budget approved by the company, and in accordance with purchasing procedures prescribed in this chapter, such administrative regulations as the purchasing officer shall adopt for the internal management and operation of the purchasing function, and such other rules and regulations as shall be prescribed by the site manager. Negotiate and recommend execution of contracts for the purchase of supplies, services and equipment. Act to procure for the company the needed quality in supplies, services and equipment at least expense to the company. Prepare and recommend to the company manager for approval, rules and procedures governing the purchase of supplies, services and equipment for the company and revisions and amendments to such rules and procedures. Keep informed of current developments in the field of purchasing, prices, market conditions and new products. Prescribe and maintain such forms as are reasonably necessary to conform to the requirements of this chapter and other rules and regulations. Supervise the inspection of all supplies, services and equipment purchased to insure conformance with specifications. Recommend to the company manager the transfer of surplus or unused supplies and equipment between departments and using agencies, as needed, and the sale of all supplies and equipment unsuitable for site use. Maintain a bidders’ list, vendors’ file, and such other records as are needed for the efficient operation of the purchasing function
• Receive MRF from site and material listing (master record for material) for each project.
• Calling project sites and checking on material which is required
• Calling suppliers to get quotations at least 3 and make a comparison in terms of pricing, stock availability, time of delivery, quality and client’s specification as required.
• Negotiating with the suppliers on pricing.
• To get verifications and approvals from project team before issuing a purchase order (PO).
• To place orders, prepare PO’s into ERP system, get approvals from PD and arrange for payments (cash terms only)
• To give a copy of PO to Project team, Inventory Department and Accounts Department.
• To coordinate and advise accounts department on payments to suppliers (cash and credit terms)
• To forward payment slip to supplier, call and follow up with them for next action.
• To coordinate with supplier on delivery schedule.
• To coordinate with site team on materials received.
• To get delivery order (DO) and update on quantity received for materials.
• To follow up on the balance quantity delivery.
• To make sure site Admin couriers the DO’s to HQ twice a week.
• Record the PO’s according to the running number in the record book manually.